Welcome to Children’s House
After 50 years, we have changed our preschool to mainly outdoor early childhood education program for children 3 1/2 – 6 years of age. Our outdoor curriculum is based on Project Learning Tree, Nature Explore, and Kids Gardening, where children learn through experiences in nature. Our school bus enables us to take frequent field trips to farms, gardens, parks, creeks, hiking trails, museums and the library.
Our class size is currently limited to 10 children for the health and safety of all. Our schedule is Monday through Thursday 8:30am – 3:00pm
- One of only 6 Nationally Accredited early childhood institutions in Boulder through the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Child inspired, play based Reggio Emilia and outdoor nature inspired inspired curriculum using the Storybook Journey approach.
- A Boulder County Farm to ECE, and a 5210 Healthy Eating Active Living recognized program.
- Onsite and offsite gardens where children participate in growing the food we eat for snacks.
- Cooking with children is done on a weekly basis as we prepare nutritious snacks together
- Since 2008, we have served children speaking 32 different home languages.
- Founder and Program Director Elaine McCarthy is a leader in early childhood education in Boulder, and began with the school in 1992. She was awarded “Educator of the Year” in 2010
- Executive Director Michael Knuckey began in 2005 and was awarded “Educator of the Year” in 2015, making him the second male in Early Childhood Education to receive this honor since inception in 1986.